Wedding trends may come and go – what stays are the beautiful pictures of your Big Day, the kind memories you have of your loved ones and the amazing feeling only “I Do” can offer. And while we will never advise couples to simply follow trends without believing in them, we also believe that knowing about the most popular wedding trends can offer them some great ideas.
For example, minimalism can be a great source of inspiration for brides and grooms. As the name suggests it, this trend is all about keeping it low-key and stylish – but how can you actually incorporate this into your wedding? We have gathered some tips to help you pull off minimalism like a pro – so read on and find your inspiration.
1. Keep it simple on the tables. White table linens and simple arrangements, classy glassware and tableware and an overall feeling of cleanliness and beauty – these are some of the main traits a minimalist wedding table should have.
2. Stick to two colors, no more. Choose two of your favorite colors and bring them together with neutral shades. This will help you create a sophisticated and unforgettable décor!
3. Overdo it with one element. To add a bit of that wow factor to your wedding, go really big with one element alone. Some brides may choose to have splendid centerpieces, while others may choose intricate lighting systems – whichever you love most, make sure you don’t skimp on it!
4. Choose a minimalist cake. The naked cake trend is really huge right now – and it works wonderfully for a minimalist-themed wedding. Choose your favorite flavors and your guests will definitely love the cake!
5. Pick a dress that’s timeless. Look for simple cuts, for fabrics that are gorgeous on their own and for designs that are anything but intricate. Also, remember to choose something similar for the bridesmaids’ dresses too.
6. Settle on a venue that can speak out on its own. This will help you minimize the need for too much décor and still send a powerful style message with your wedding.
At the intersection between Southern hospitality and French sophistication, Ma Maison is a stunning wedding venue in Dripping Springs, Texas. Come visit us, take a look at the fabulous venue we have created for you and you will definitely fall in love with it!